No one is EVER going to confuse me with someone who knows what the Hell he's talking about when it comes to the news of the world, but I DO at least try to peruse the internet at least once a day and read the top stories.
And, while I don’t consider the story below in ANY WAY to be major news, I found it interesting to give it a quick read.
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — "Jeopardy!" host Alex Trebek says he snapped his Achilles tendon last night while running after a burglar who had stolen cash, a bracelet and other items from his San Francisco hotel room.
Here’s a snapshot of the lovely lady who committed the dastardly deed….
My favorite thing about reading my news over the internet, is reading other people’s comments that they have posted at the bottom of the story. There is honestly no greater comedy in the world than reading the wiseass comments that people leave after ‘fluff’ stories like these.
Most times, people’s comments are much more entertaining than the news itself. As of an hour ago, this story, off of Yahoo News, already had 1,300 comments.
Here are just a few that cracked me up…..
- "I'll take "You're stuff for $1000 Alex"."
- "He put himself in jeopardy!"
- "I couldn't drink enough beer to make her look good."
- "She won the "Ugliest Burglar of the Year Award" in 2011."
- "She looks like sitting bull."
- "He chased her down due to the fact she refused to threaten him in the form of a question!"
- "Her lawyer is claiming that her face is a disaster area and, therefore, should eligible for federal funds."
- "I'll take potent septuagenarians for $1000!"
- "honestly i wouldn't touch her to hit her."
- "Man, Vanna White has let herself go."
- "What is: She doing in your room in the first place?"
- "Alex Trebek can only be destroyed by having him say his name backwards……"
- "I'll take "injuries that make loud popping sounds" for $1000 Alex."
- "If she's acquitted and they try her again on the same charges, it'll be double jeopardy"
And on and on and on… the comedy just keeps rolling in, every time I hit the ‘refresh’ button.
Honestly, when I read “He put himself in Jeopardy!”, I almost choked on my morning coffee. That comment brightened my mood for the next 15 minutes…