Hey boys and girls! Yeah, I know, it’s been over a week since you heard from me. Yes, I know how that makes you feel. I keep giving you mixed signals, and you don’t know where you stand with me. Believe me, baby…..it’s not you, it’s me. Give me one more chance and I’ll make it up to you.
Aside from the paragraph above being the standard line that I give chicks after not calling them for a week, I thought it also applied here because I haven’t posted in over seven days. It’s always worked back then, so I figured I’d give it a shot now.
Actually, I took a mini-vacation last week, so THAT’S why I haven’t been around. Where have I been, you might ask? Well, what better way to catch you up on our favorite subject (ME!) by dropping some bullets.
- Last week I decided to attend the WBC (and no, that’s not the Women’s Bisexuality Club…. They cut up my membership card). Nope, unfortunately for me, those three letters stand for the World Boardgaming Championships. Yeah, yeah I know. I know some people who attend every year, and I have always been mildly curious about it. Kinda like when I was curious in college…. You know what I’m talkin’ about, right guys? Where was I? Oh yeah. Anyway, if you can imagine the type of person who might attend such an event, and then double the negative images in your head, you might have an inkling of the type of person who was unfortunately the ‘norm’ at the WBC. It wasn’t ALL bad, but I don’t see myself going back anytime soon.
- While attending the WBC I played a two hour game with a cute girl who didn’t hit on me AT ALL. Maybe she was blind? I can’t think of any other explanation.
- I came home from Geekcon Friday afternoon (it was hosted in Lancaster, PA), to find my patio umbrella busted ($200 for a new one), my son’s bike broken (2 hours of my time damaging my pretty hands to fix), and our pool filter going Kaput (another $150). Also, some reprobates that live in my neighborhood fenced-plowed my fence…..again! I cursed…. A lot.
- Have you ever lost a follower on your blog and for the life of you, you can’t figure out who the Hell left you? While I was away I seem to have gone from 110 followers to 109, and I have no clue who took a leave of their senses and dropped me like a bad habit. It was probably someone ugly. Good riddance, I say!
- After going back to work on Monday, I felt like I needed another break, so I took yesterday off to take Mini-Me to the beach for the day. Sun, fun, sand castles and ice cream were enjoyed by all.
- While at the beach, we witnessed two 40-something chicks almost beat the shit out of each other because one of them was talking on her cell phone and almost ran over the other one in the parking lot. It was starting to turn me on until I took a really good look at them and determined that neither one of them was hot. Then I lost interest.
Anyway, I’m back, I’m bad, and I’m better than ever. I haven’t read ANY of your blogs in about 2 weeks now, but I’ll try to right that wrong this week sometime.