I haven't posted in over a week. I have a good reason for this.
Well, that's not entirely fair. It's TRUE, but not fair.
The company I work for, in pure Scrooge-like fashion, does not let me carry over my vacation days from one year to the next, and they ALSO won't pay me out for UNUSED vacation days, so in terms of my time off, it's strictly "use it or lose it".
And i intend to use it, baby.....
I have been off from work since last Thursday. I will not be returning to work for the rest of the year. For the mathematically inept, that's over 3 consecutive weeks off.
When i think about it, I feel slightly guilty about leaving all my work responsibilities for such a long period of time. So i decided to do the more responsible thing, and just not think about it.
So, what have i been doing with my time off?
- Yesterday, i finished up my Christmas shopping. I did this by pulling up to Toys R Us first thing in the morning, and basically buying out the store. This little munchkin who lives with me better one day realize that he has the coolest Daddio in the world.
- I also finished appraising my old comic book collection. Remember, i started doing that about 2 months ago? Well, I'm happy to report that my comic book collection clocks in at over $22,000, if you can believe that shit. And, since i am now in debt to my local Toys R Us to the tune of about $21,000, I'd be more than happy to sell my entire collection to the first Slydesblogger out there who coughs up a nice fat check for 20 large... any takers?
- I've been playing a lot of video games. A LOT of video games. Sexy, i know. But the fact is that Mini-Me is still in school this week, and Friz is working, so it's either play games, or visit Craigslist for random M/M hookups. I like to think that I'm choosing the more responsible option...
- Earl finally convinced me to join Netflix, because apparently i don't watch enough movies. I have been fighting the Netflix thing for years now, but now that they can stream movies, real time, over my Playstation 3, i finally exploded in an orgy of techno-fanboy glee and gave 'em my credit card.
- Speaking of my girlfriend Earl, he and I will be going to the IMAX 3-D Opening day screening of Avatar on Friday. I want to go see it because i have had a hard-on for James Cameron and all of his films for 20 years now. Earl wants to go because when the movie starts i like to rub his thigh during the trailers.
Anyway, as you all know, its hard for me to blog when I'm off from work, so i wont be doing too much of it, but I'll try to let less time go by before i finally succumb and regurgitate something up on the site.